Publishers are the PIONEERS of Thinking Of You Week!
Thinking of You Week is an international movement to celebrate sending and receiving greeting cards and hand-written notes. It is a great way for publishers to engage with retailers, their local community and consumers in general, and at the same time help raise the profile of sending greeting cards. Our industry is all about connection and this is our opportunity to get involved!
On this page you will find lots of ideas on how publishers can get involved with this fabulous event.
Spread the word to local retailers
Send a postcard with all orders
Send a postcard with all orders shipped. We’ve designed multiple options you, which is blank on the back for you to customize to show your own promotion. Alternatively please contact us for ready-made postcards that can be shipped to you with your shipper number.
Use the Thinking Of You Week Logo
Stamp your invoices with the www.thinkingofyouweekusa.com logo. Download now from the toolkit.
Don't forget your emails
Collaborate with a local retailer
You could consider collaborating with a local retailer on an in-store card writing event or an in-store promotion.
Offer a promotion
Some promo ideas for your wholesale accounts:
- place an order for $150 or more and receive 6 free Thinking of You cards
- for the first 10 orders you might also send 20 stamps for their in-store event
- Place an order for 24 Thinking of You cards and receive an in-store poster (download from the toolkit)
For your B2C customers:
- a buy 7 cards get 7 free stamps promo
- hold a giveaway for free cards on social media
Download our Tips for Publishers
We’ve put together a Tips for Publishers sheet which you can download from our toolkit page.
Get involved with your local community
Get in touch with your local school
Do you have a contact at a local school who might help organize an event?
- A local school organized all 700 students to send a card to one of their students who was in the hospital
- Connect a class of kids with a local nursing home. This could be part of a class in addressing envelopes, empathy, thoughtfulness.
- Write cards to service people or veterans
Use cards from your company
Send cards from your own company to any of the above
Promote thinking of you week to consumers
Promote the week on your online store during the month of September.
- Buy 6 single cards and get a seventh for free – so you have 7 cards for 7 days.
- Include a stamp with every order that uses the code ‘thinkingofyou’
- Offer free shipping so customers can spend their money on stamps!
Use Social Media
Support the week by contributing artwork or thoughts that can be posted on social media via the GCA’s Thinking of You Week team. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted, or post them yourself. Share your own #cardstories and tell us which cards have been sent to whom and why – for example, ‘You’re My Superhero’ card was sent to a doctor after the sender had surgery.
Follow and share social media content on Instagram and Facebook. Our hashtags are #thinkingofyouweek and #sendacarddeliverasmile.
Use official hashtags
Use our official hashtags especially during the month of September.
Who are your Seven?
Who are your Seven? Encourage people to make/share a list of the people they plan to send cards to, as it may give other people ideas.
- My mom who always deserves a card
- my niece who is 5 and loves opening mail
- my oldest friend I never see who lives in a small town in the Rockies
Use cards that might otherwise be written off to support your event
Use the toolkit
We’ve put together a toolkit with useful downloads, social media banners, press release templates and lots more.