Have you ever received a greeting card in the mail and felt an instant surge of joy? It’s like a warm hug from a friend, a little piece of happiness that brightens your day.
Thinking of You Week is September 18th – 24th this year! It’s the perfect time to send handwritten notes just to tell someone you are thinking of them. Take the challenge and send 7 cards in 7 days!
Who to send cards to?
Seven people sounds like A LOT of people! To prepare for Thinking of You Week start by making a list of people who you’d like to send a card. It’s easier than it seems!
Here is a list of ideas for 7 people you can send cards to:
- That one aunt you’ve been meaning to text back
- A sibling
- Your dad
- Your bestie
- The one you text back a month later
- The one you haven’t talked to in awhile
- Bob from accounting
- Your work bestie
- Your boss!
- A community member
- Your 4th grade teacher
- Your high school art teacher
- Your mail-person
- A mentor
- Veterans at your local VA “Veterans Affairs” Hospital
- A senior neighbor
- The one that yells at your to get off his lawn
- The one who watches over your house when you’re away
- Residents of a local care home
- An emergency medical worker
- That overnight nurse who took care of you in the emergency room that one time.
- The fire fighter who saved a cat from that tall tree. (Your local fire station)
- Someone you talk to all the time
- Your grandma
- Your mom
- Just someone you’ve been thinking of
- Your best friend from 8th grade art class
- An old co-worker
Writing a Memorable Message
Now comes the fun part: writing your message! Don’t be afraid to get a little cheesy or sentimental. After all, it’s the thought that counts. If you’re stuck on what to write, a simple “Thinking of you!” will do just fine.
Here is a list of ideas for what to write in your Thinking of You card:
- Sending you warm thoughts and good vibes.
- Thinking of you and hoping this card brings a smile to your day.
- Grateful for our friendship and sending warm wishes your way.
- Sending you a mail hug!
- Thinking of you today.
- Remember when we [insert memory]? Those moments always bring a smile to my face, just like you do.
- No special occasion needed to brighten your day. Sending you a little happiness, just because!
- Hope this brings a smile to your face.
- Friendship doesn’t need a reason to be celebrated. Grateful for you, just because.
- Here’s a smile for you, just because.
The most important thing to remember is to HAVE FUN!